Friday, January 12, 2007

making me happy today...

i have been home all day cleaning and doing laundry, it is freezing cold outside and we got so much snow yesterday that everything is covered. i am usually anxious to get out of the house but today, i am just happy being home... getting things in order and catching up on stuff. thought i would share a few things around my house that are making me happy...

my new art set... i am still working on my art journal and loving it!!! my acrylics on my messy desk (organized chaos in my scrapbook room!)

Estee's albums displayed on my coffee table in the living room... i *love* finally having them out.
my collection of vintage salt and pepper shakers, i only have 6 sets but am always on the prowl for them.
only the best candle ever made... seriously run don't walk to anthropologie and stock up, i ALWAYS have one burning when i am home.
my stash of buttons (and this is only a small potion of them!) i have a serious thing for buttons...
new stuff just waiting to be used...

anyways, hope everyone is having a great day!
{oh and i would love to see what makes you happy around your house!!!!}

12 comments:

Darek and Amberli said...

I hope you show some examples of your art journal! I think we'd all love to see!

Erin said...

I'm so jealous of all your creative things! You are so talented!

Auntie Ann said...

nothing...I will save you some time waiting for my post like this.

Auntie Ann said...

oh ya...but I loved this. One of my favorites in a while!

Heather said...

So cute....it makes me want to do the same~really creative idea! Hope that you are doing well...we need to get together soon with Auntie all get together sometime soon!

amy m said...

I'm glad your enjoying being home. I'm such a homebody and don't mind being home in the least. I prefer it actually.

I like your list. I wish I had my scrapbooks were displayed, but they are still in the basement. I'm waiting for bookcases...don't know why.

Darek and Amberli said...

so I loved seeing the happy little details of your home. I followed suit and listed of few of the things I'm currently loving around my apartment. my items are much less creative then yours but it was still fun to look around my apartment in appreciation!

The Christian Family said...

I liked reading this post...you really are so inspiring Amy!!! You should check out this website I found (you may know about it already) it is www.etsy.com they may have those salt and pepper shakers!
Thanks for sharing I love seeing your creativity!!!

Kari said...

Yeah, I want to see a sampling from your art journal too!! So what do you do with those buttons? I'm sure there a million things you could do with them, what a fun thing to collect!
And I love candles too, I'll have to check out Anthropologie.

sarah marie said...

loved this post but i may love the picture of you and chris on your mom's blog more.

Mary said...

I like seeing my kids and Grandkids around my house...

Kim said...

So inspiring!