Monday, January 01, 2007

So much to look forward to...

Well it's the new year and I can hardly believe it. In so many ways this year has just flown by, I am excited about where I am and the growth that has taken place in me over the last year. I am also excited about what this year holds as I just love watching progression happen in my life watching my family grow and growing myself... Such an amazing thing. This upcoming year seems to be so full of possibilities and blessings and our family has so much to look forward to, the greatest being A NEW BABY!!! yep I'm pregnant!! 14 weeks along and due the beginning of July... I have been soooo sick this time around (explains my lack of blogging lately) but now that I am in my second trimester the sickness has gotten a whole lot better... we are just ecstatic and can't wait to welcome little baby number two this year!!!

My other exciting news is my trip to Italy, I am going sometime in February, I have not finalized flight and hotel arrangements yet but hope to very soon, I am so excited to soak in the culture, the beauty and the art. Thanks to a very sweet husband for an AMAZING Christmas present, in his card he wrote "a dream come true for you, that is what I live for" how sweet is that?!

Last night we had plans to go to a friends for a little party but unfortunately I got sick with the flu and couldn't hardly get out of bed all day luckily it was just a 24 hour thing and I was feeling better by the night time but still didn't want to go and get anyone sick. Some good did come from it though, I was able to start a project that I have been wanting to for a while and last night, new years eve seemed like such an appropriate time to do it. I bought a beautiful book a while back with the intention of starting an art journal, no rules, no boundaries, just me expressing my feelings whatever way feels right when I sit down to do it. So I did my first entry last night with the awesome art set my mom gave me for Christmas, I loved it and really am excited to work on it throughout the year. I have so many goals for myself, for our family and for my work that I wont go into, but I just love the new year, like a new beginning, so full of possibility...

I hope everyone has a great new year!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy, Congratulations on the baby!! What exciting and wonderful news! Italy....sounds like so much fun too!! It sounds like your new year is off to a great start! I am happy for you and your family!

Anonymous said...

Hey you! It has been too long! Congrats on the pregnancy!!! I'm so excited for you guys! Also, talk to me about Italy....I can give you the scoop from our trip last September! Call me...

Love ya and hope you had a great Christmas!

Auntie Ann said...

CANCUN BABY! IM ON THE HOTEL INTERWEB...I MISS YOU AND LOVE YOU!I BET YOU CANT GUESS...IM SICK AS A DOG.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Amy on the upcoming baby! Now you will have 2 beautiful children to photograph. Lucky you!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the new baby, and your trip to Italy!

funkyfunkyrach said...

Another one! Wow that will be one lucky baby for you to love as much as you love estee. Congratulations Rachel

Nic Wood said...

Hi Amy
I pop by here now and again your to see your amazing photography. Just wanted to leave a comment to say thanks for sharing your beutiful pics an congrats on expecting baby no. 2.

Happy New Year

Nic

amy m said...

I wasn't aware when you talked about going to Italy that it was a gift from Chris. I'm excited for you to go. Will you go with him or with your aunt?

I think it's great you've started doing your art journal again. I have certainly enjoyed doing mine. It's the best way to just let go and be free creatively.

So sorry you were sick. It has gone through all the girls this weekend and Bella missed school today because of it. I'm just praying it passes Adam and I by.

I'm with you...so grateful for the possibilities a new year brings.

Anonymous said...

OMGosh! Congratulations! This is great news!!
This is too funny .. I too went to Italy when I was 18wks Pregnant. It was the perfect time to go .. because you are still not too tired to do the walking...It was a fantastic trip - you will love it. My girlfriend and I did a Contiki tour .. and we loved it .. it was 12 days .. and we travelled around Italy .. e-mail me if you want more details!!

Again - Congrats! and Happy New Year!!
Take Care, Julie

geoff wright said...

Hello long lost friend. How about a lunch group session next week?

Anonymous said...

i'm so excited for you to go to italy amy! and i can't wait to see the pictures. i love how positive you are about the new year. you really do have a great little family with a lot of amazing things going on. when do you find out what you're having? love ya.

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!! So exciting...a new baby! You'll love having two! Happy New year!

Mary said...

I'M FREAKING OUT...YOU'RE PREGNANT?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! That is wonderful!!!!! And a trip to Italy sounds like lots of fun too!

The art journal sounds intriguing. I am sure you are a great artist! It will be fun to let some more of that out!

Anonymous said...

Sooo cool! Congratulations on the new little one!

Julie Rae said...

Yeah!!! Another baby! I am so excited for you! Estee is gonna be such a great big sister!

Amy D. said...

Your mom is killing me with that comment!!! So glad the news is out!! Do you realize lunch group next year will consist of 7 kids...DYING! Deb...wanna make that 8?