Monday, January 08, 2007

Sorry for the scary post!

Well, I was still pretty much in a bad way when I posted the last post so excuse me that it was a little worrisome. I am definitely okay and so is the little baby.

it all started Friday afternoon, out of nowhere I got a terrible pain in my back, so bad in fact that I got really worried. I called my doctor who instructed me to take a warm bath and try and get some rest (ya right) well it got worse and worse to the point that the pain was seriously out of control, like more than I could possibly bear, I was vomiting from the pain and just totally zoned out just trying to get through it. I went to the emergency room and to make a long story short I had a kidney stone, ya I know totally gross and every bit as painful as you have heard they are, I had an ultrasound (got to see our cute little peanut) and then just had to wait for it to pass. I was admitted and spent the night and all day Saturday there, i was totally dehydrated from throwing up so much that they wanted to monitor me.

and now its over, I cant tell you how grateful I am to have that experience behind me, that my baby is okay and so am
I. I was so worried and in such pain, it was one of the worst experiences of my life, just gnarly.

So my advice to you tonight is drink lots and lots of water and hope you never get one!!!!!!!! thanks for all the emails, phone calls and well wishes... you guys are the best :)

*oh ya, and i got this today so i should have some very cool photos to share soon!

10 comments:

Mary said...

I so glad you are doing better...you finally sounded back to your perky self on the phone today!

Mary said...

Oh...and I can't wait to see some of your 'fishy' photos!

geoff wright said...

I got the scoop from Amy since I wasn't able to land you on the phone. So glad you are doing better. Can't wait for lunch group. If it's at my house, I plan on making something you would eat in a boutique...

Anonymous said...

I am glad to know that you and the baby are ok! I experienced that a few years ago! It was the worse pain I have ever felt (worse than labor)!! I know exactly how you feel and what you went through. I am so glad it is over for you!! Have a great week.

Darek and Amberli said...

Oh Amy! Welcome to the kidney stone club! I am so sorry to hear about the kidney stone attack. I have passed kidney stones before as well and I hear ya when you say that there is nothing more painful! It is absolute hell! I hope you are recovering well and that you NEVER have to go through that again! Believe me, you will drink more water in the next month or so than you ever have before, so fearful of having another attack, that you'll never want to get dehydrated again. I had my stones when I was 19 and they told me that I'd have an attack about every five years, but it hasn't happened. I've probably just been lucky, but I also drink tons of water and never drink carbonated drinks because apparently they can cause stones! Torture! I'm glad you're feeling better!

amy m said...

I'm really glad you're ok. My friend had this in her pregnancy and said the same thing...very painful.

Fisheyes are very fun to play with. Can't wait to see your cool photos.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you and the baby are ok! What a scare! Everyone in my family has passed a kidney stone except me. I am praying it never happens to me. I heard it is almost as painful as childbirth, is that true?

ocho rios said...

Your DeWitt genes pulled you through, Your Triplett genes allowed you to have the stones. Ocho Rios says" this too, shall pass"

Anonymous said...

amy i am so sorry! i've heard that kidney stones are the most painful things ever. and not only that but i've been in the hospital from dehydration and to me that was the most painful thing ever so i'm sure going through both was torture! but on a lighter note i seriously can't wait for our ichat sessions.

Crystalyn said...

amy that is so awful. my sis-in-law had this throughout her 1st pregnancy and had to pass her kidney stone after delivering her baby. she was in the hospital a lot. i understand they are horrible. glad everything turned out well and that everyone is ok.