Friday, February 09, 2007

my toy...





a few months ago i bought a holga camera, i have always had a fascination with the kind of images they produce, there is something so gritty, so raw and imperfect that just draws me in. anyways i got the camera, got the film (medium format) and slowly used the roll up, oh and FINALLY found a place that would process the film. keep in mind this is a tricky, tricky camera, it has a plastic body, two aperture settings and you hold the shutter for as long as you think... so i need a lot of practice, and these may not be much to look at, but to me they have the feel i was going for and the look i was hoping to achieve.


i am really falling in love with photography again, in a whole new way. i am so in love with the way an image can invoke such emotion, such feeling. i want to always be learning and growing as a photographer, even if it means fiddling with a plastic, toy holga...

5 comments:

Kim said...

Amy! These are WONDERFUL. I love Holga shots. So great. I can't get over how neat these shots are, keep it up.

Auntie Ann said...

I love these...estee looks right out of the 1920s...

sarah marie said...

LOVE this kind of photography. i have a rolliecord or something and it's medium format but i can't get the stupid film in and then i can't tell if it's rolling when it is in.

amy m said...

cool images! I'm glad you finally found a place to develop the film. I find it's amazing the things you can do with a camera and lens. Glad your falling in love all over again.

Alyson said...

amy, i think i'll resign myself to begging you to train me in photography! your work is truly inspiring and so creative! i envy your skills! :)