Thursday, February 01, 2007

what are you listening to?

estee and i have spending a lot of time indoors at home, with all of this cold air and inversion i don't want to risk her getting sick again. It has been really nice and i have been in my studio a ton painting, scrapbooking and making ALOT of cards (i am almost officially caught up on thank yous!) anyways estee has been in there with me, i just get a few toys to keep her occupied and then put on our favorite songs... she loves music, loves to dance and move her lips like she is singing the words and she even loves the slow songs... just rocks back and forth, so-so cute! so i thought i would share a small sampling of our favorite play list right now, some oldies but goodies!

Elvis- suspicious minds
Antony and the johnsons- hope there's someone
rolling stones- beast of burden
the decemberists- o valencia
Andrew bird- mx missiles
iron and wine- lion's mane
Carly simon- you're so vain
Natasha bendingfield- unwritten (estee's all time favorite!!!)
johnny cash and fiona apple- father and son

oh and a layout to share...

and a painting this is actually a lot cooler in real life, you can't tell but the leaves and some of the buds are fabric...

{ so, I'd love to know, what are you listening to?}

6 comments:

Heather said...

Love this post! I'm so tired of staying indoors and feeling trapped! I can't wait for spring! I have nothing to post! Thanks for inspiring me to get creative...I'm going to scrapbook tomorrow!

I need to join the 21st century and get an IPOD, but I really like this acoustic Seal album that we first heard over in Europe. I also really love Michael Buble and Keane...and a little classic Stan Getz once in awhile.

Kim said...

A very fun read. I love your layout and the what you have done to the photograph in it, superb. That painting is so adorable! As far as music goes at our house, we listen to some and sing a lot! Our favorites right now are: John Mayer--Little Miss loves to groove to "Waiting on the World to Change", a lot of Peter Breinholt, and James Blunt. We listen to and sing, "Where are you Christmas" on a daily basis as well as "Teach me to Walk in the Light"! Gotta love the Sunbeam. Thanks for inspiring all of us, can't wait for the sunshine too. ;)

sarah marie said...

LOVE the painting amy. and i've been listening to a lot of old rap songs lately. my favorite being heartbreaker by mariah carey and jay-z. how embarrasing.

amy m said...

I'm so glad you spending time in your studio creating and that Estee is cooperating.

I listen to The Fray, Keane, and Pride and Prejudice a lot of the time. I don't know several of the songs on your list. I'll have to check it out.

Auntie Ann said...

Your talents are endless

Erin said...

Cute everything...layout, new banner and especially that painting.
I've been listening to heartbroken women: Shakira, Aretha, and the Color Purple musical.