Monday, March 12, 2007

the doors...


i have always had a thing for doors, in fact i love to photograph subjects in front of any cool door i can find, so paris was a real treat (except for the fact i didn't have a subject to photograph) every door on every building is exquisite, beautiful color, amazing carvings and tons of rod iron... here are just a few...

we had a busy weekend, Friday we went to dinner with friends and then to the home and garden expo. Saturday we went to dinner with chris's parents and yesterday we spent the afternoon with ann and adam... plus we have a ton to do today. but i am making it a priority to take estee out and get some shots of her, i really miss photographing her and feel like it has been forever. Hopefully she will cooperate and i will have something to share!!!

10 comments:

The Christian's said...

This picture could be a postcard! The detail on these doors is amazing!! Thanks for sharing all of your amazing photos.

the yaney's said...

I have always wanted to salvage an old door and do something with it in my house. The pictures are amazing...Karyn is right that could be a post card!

sarah marie said...

that's so weird..i have a thing for doors too! don't you love how most of the knobs are in the middle of the door?

amy m said...

I have a thing for doors too so what at treat to see all your lovely shots.

Amberli said...

Ahhh, such gems. I thought I was the only one walking around taking pictures of strangers' doors. New England has provided me with lots of exquisite doors but I;m sure Paris far outdoes Boston!

Lydia Paige Louise said...

I love doors too! These ones are beautiful!

Heather said...

I'm so happy to see all these posts...we've been in Newport, and I knew there would be some juicy photos when we returned! You are so talented and I'm glad that you had such an amazing trip! By the way - was your good book the Rick Steves book? I hope that worked out for you!

Erin said...

I love all your photos. I'm glad you had a great trip, you deserve it!

The Evans Family said...

Matt and I check out your blog every once in awhile to see what new photos you have taken. We both love all the pictures from your trip. We get comments all the time on our family photos you took. They are my absolute favorite!!

Mary said...

Ok...I will volunteer to be the subject in your door photos. Where are we going???!!! I can't wait! 143