Friday, June 22, 2007

the basement...

thank you so much for all of the nice comments on the nursery... i of course love it, so happy you guys like it too :)

here are a few photos of the basement we just finished. actually, it is just the living room and guest room... the studio and bathroom are still not done (my concrete counter top was cracked in transportation)

a few things i love about the basement...

the green walls :)

i finally have my photos on display!

it is totally kid friendly, leather couches that are low, soft carpet, and we hung the shelf so little hands cant reach anything on it.

it is so nice and cool down there even on the hottest days....

and as you can see in the bottom photo estee loves to watch t.v down there!!!

anyways i spent alot of time picking out everything and i am so happy with the outcome...
(oh, and keep in mind the shutters are ordered but not here yet... they take FOREVER!!!)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

25 comments:

irene said...

OMG!!!!...Seriously...So, so pretty!!!!...Your guests are never going to want to leave!!!

the yaney's said...

Another beautiful room! It looks relaxing and sophisticated all at the same time.

Caroline said...

Does anyone else feel like they are looking at a home decor magazine?

LOVE It!
Love your photos!

Leah said...

It turned out SO good Amy!! Can't wait to see the bathroom all done, that room was my favorite.

The Christian's said...

Amy it is amazing! It does look like it is right out of a magazine! Not only are you a fabulous photographer but you are an amazing interior designer too!!! Beautiful!!!

Mary said...

Great photos! Everything looks so beautiful!

KamilahNYC said...

gorgeous! love it all!!

Suzanne said...

I wanted to say the same thing as Caroline, I seriously thought these were from a magazine or something. You did an amazing job, now come do my house! ;)

Heather said...

It looks so beautiful Amy! I seriously love every last touch...can't wait to see the rest!

becky said...

perfection! i love every bit of it! i love all the photos you put up since i saw it last...you are so talented!

Alyson said...

wow! excellent job with everything! i love the green walls with the fireplace, but my favorite is the couch! we have such similar tastes, i'll have to borrow upon your expertise as we finish our basement!

(and great job on the nursery! what a great mom you have!)

Erin said...

Amy it's gorgeous! Of course!

Kell & Nick said...

Amy...It looks amazing! Another great job!!!!

Amanda :-) said...

Fab, fab, fab. It's so mature, and the splashes of red are fantastic.

Amy said...

Not only are you a wonderful photographer, you're an insanely good interior designer!! Gorgeous!!!

Danielle said...

I just have to say WOW! Thats a basement?? Its beautiful! I always peek on your blog, i love it! I'm a friend of Andrea's. Your family is so artistic!!

Jen said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

sarah marie said...

seriously? it must be nice. i LOVE it.

Julie Rae said...

Looks awesome! My favorite parts are the fireplace, and the bedding! So beautiful!

Melibelle said...

OMG I heart your deco! You should be in interior design!

amy m said...

It's so much better in person. I hope you guys have been enjoying the space.

Amberli said...

Wow! it looks amazing! Straight out of a home decorating magazine!

Kim said...

You are an amazingly talented woman, in every aspect. I could have never put this all together. It looks like such a relaxing and happy place. Hope you are feeling well!

Brooke said...

Where did you get that fabulous couch? Do you love it with kids? I have a 2 year old and one on the way, I want something light, but that won't get thrashed with kids. What are the pros, cons of it? Sorry I have so many questions, I just love your blog and your opinion on things. Thanks! ~Brooke

Brooke said...

I forgot to let you know what couch I'm talking about, the one in your old house in the basement, the white leather one. Thanks again :)