Wednesday, June 18, 2008

you need to do this...

i have heard alot of people doing this and am surely late on the bandwagon but about a month ago i was at my sister in laws house and she was working on making her blog into a book, she showed me the program and roughly how it worked and i got on the ball.

i had been putting it off mostly because i thought it was going to be a pain, and while it was time consuming i really enjoyed doing it.

i used blurb.com, their software is really user friendly and allows for quite a few changes so you can really make it your own. as you can see mine is really plain but i love how it turned out...

let me know if you are doing one or thinking of doing one and have any questions, i'd be happy to answer!

*oh and this is just 2007 i am working on 2006, it is much longer!







13 comments:

Amy said...

This is on my never ending list of things to do. I did download the software onto my computer, so step one is checked off. Can't wait to see it in person!

.caroline armelle. said...

that is so cool amy! your book looks amazing!
i've also been meaning to do this.. but, of course still haven't.
one day.

Miriam Lovell Dyer said...

Coming out of lurkland...
I did this from our family blog and I love it- of course it's not as lovely as yours, Amy. It is user friendly, even fun, and I got my book in the mail in less than a week.
I love having our family record/history of the year in a compact book form.

{irene} said...

It looks so pretty!!!..I've wanted to do mine for a while...but I'm too lazy to start!!

carin davis said...

blurb books make me happy!!! i just finished my 3rd and i CAN'T wait to receive it!!!

yours is BEAUTIFUL!!!

sarah marie. said...

wow..very cool

Kim said...

Amy, this is VERY, VERY neat. Your photos are super inspiring. WOW.

Elyse said...

Wow, thanks for the info. Although, I doubt my own will look as much the coffee table book yours does, what a great way to preserve memories.

Amy said...

That is a great idea!! Your book looks lovely.

Heather-Rita said...

I'm so glad this turned out well! I can't wait to print mine...I've been working on it forever and am almost done! I may call you for some tips...

the yaney's said...

Wow! Thank you for the tip! I would have never known about this!

katie kortman said...

Hi! I am Sarah's friend and I was looking at her bridals when I saw this post. I actually downloaded the software and made a book tonight! I wasn't able to do one of my blog though, because it said I needed to "upgrade" my blogger version. Did this happen to you? If so, how did you do that? you can reply at:
katiekortman.blogspot.com
Thanks! AMazing photography by the way. Love it all!

Brandi said...

I LOVE Blurb.com! I made a photobook of my niece's first year and it came out great... my sister loved it.