Saturday, August 23, 2008

living room...

chris and i had our house on the market for a little while, after lots of going back and forth we have decided to stay in this house for a while and just make it a place we love. i am so happy about it because i love our neighborhood and love that estee's preschool (that she is starting next week) is just a few blocks away and now, after alot of work, i am happy with the inside.

i still have a few things here and there i want to add and change but pretty much this is the final product. i also am working on my dining room, powder bath and bedroom so i will share those soon.

the green is looking much more bright than it actually is, it is really more muted... i just cant seem to get away from greens!

and finally has anyone watched the series moonlight that was on last year but got cancelled? sister and i are pretty much in love with nick st. claire as we call him, (actually mick st. john) run dont walk.



15 comments:

Lou and Lee said...

your house is the bomb sister...everything looks amazing!

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

amy it looks amazing! I have been excited to see it ever since you said you were going to do it! amazing job! I LOVE THE GREEN!

Stacy said...

I love your black and white couch! Where did you get it? I love your style, and the green looks great!

sarah marie. said...

i'm speechless. it's perfect amy. i seriously was like..that can't be her house. i was so turned around but after staring at it forever now i can't even remember what it looked like before. incredible job..although i'm not at all surprised.

carin davis said...

GORGEOUS!!!!!!!

{irene} said...

so, so, so pretty Amy!Love the colors, the blue chair, the sofas....so stylish!!!!!!!!

AnnieC said...

The entire ensemble is AMAZING. I love it...chic, sophisticated, stylish, and beautiful. I wish I could hire you to re-design and decorate my home. Lovely and I LOVE it. Thank you so much for sharing the photos. I can't wait to see your other re-models. Oh..the green is exquisite!!!

becky said...

i love it amy! it doesn't even look like the same room before...like sarah said, i had to stare at it for awhile to even make sure i was looking at the same house!

fabulous job!

Leah said...

As if we had any worries that it wouldn't be downright fabulous. Love it, want to live in it, want to roll around on your rug.

.caroline armelle. said...

oh my gosh! that looks like a totally different house. you did an amazing job! i love EVERYTHING you picked.
can't wait to see the rest.

Jen said...

it looks so good!

Suzanne said...

Oh it's perfect! I love the black on the fireplace. Such great touches.

Andrea said...

Your house looks beautiful! Can't wait to have a home to decorate!!! When do you leave for your trip, you are so lucky!!!

Elyse said...

I've been obsessed with green for the last few years, so I totally get it => Pottery Barn's new catalog has this beautiful, glossy, green desk with scroll-y legs and I just want to find a way to paint some piece of furniture I own to match it. => Anyways, Looks lovely, and Have fun in Europe, I bet there will be some amazing photos =>

Heather-Rita said...

love,love,love it....it looks amazing....