Monday, November 03, 2008

moving and new york...

so, our house is for sale! i am excited but also a little sad to say goodbye to the first house we have really made a home. we have put so much love into this house and it has been so good to us. it really is a great house so if you know anyone looking then this is their place :) (remember my really cool studio?) also, we have a really sweet huge steam room, concrete counter tops, tile on the main floor, plantation shutters, etc... it is divine!

anyway, call our realtor adam at 801-400-3143 if you are interested or have any questions.

also, i am going to new york on friday with my friend jen. we are going for 4 days and staying at the fancy waldorf. i am so excited because i haven't been in years (chris and i went about 4 years ago) anyway, to all you new york locals (or past locals) let me know all the don't miss spots, restaurants and shopping (besides the obvious, already done tourist stuff) i intend on making every meal count!!!

thanks.

15 comments:

{irene} said...

Oh girl...have fun in NY!!!

becky said...

i'm sure you'll sell your place fast! you've done such a fantastic job on it!

i can't wait to see your new place, it sounds perfect!

sarah marie. said...

call me and i'll go over everything with you.

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

we are so excited for y'all!!! We are going to a concert tonight in SLC but I don't know if we will have time to stop by... I am so antsy to see our pics...I think I said this but I think Jake plans on calling Chris.

Lesley said...

If you like Thai food, Land is amazing. It's on the UWS between 81st and 82nd on Amsterdam. There is usually a wait, so call for a reservation or go before 6.

Everything on the menu is amazing but the Wok Cashew Nut with chicken is my favorite, and their coconut ice cream and mango sorbets are divine.

http://www.landthaikitchen.com/landWest.html

amy said...

Go to Butter! So amazing, the food is so good! ;)

amy said...

Go to Butter! So amazing, the food is so good! ;)

Rachael said...

Are you going to Wicked?

Carrie said...

I love L'Ecole in Soho -- it's the restaurant of the NY Culinary School, and it is such a steal for the quality and quantity of food that you get. Definitely worth checking out. Also in Soho is Hampton Chutney, which is excellent for lunch.

Alyson said...

Oh sad! We don't want you guys to move! I forwarded your information to my cousin though, who is looking for a house in our area. Good luck with it all! Let us know if you need any help.

Have fun in NYC!

Miriam Lovell Dyer said...

If you like dessert, you must go to ChikaLicious, a dessert bar where you get three small courses of dessert designed by a genius confectioner, Chika.
I wrote about it here
http://miriamlovell.blogspot.com/2008/10/food-on-my-mind.html
(and on our family blog many times :)

http://www.chikalicious.com/

Jen said...

I can't wait!!!! 2 more days!!!!

KamilahNYC said...

I'm really excited that I get to see you guys. Obviously I'm taking you to Max Brenner at some point cause it's always delish. let me know what else you and jen want to do!

Sherine said...

Hey amy.. random question. What program do you use to protect your pictures online? I have the code that doesn't allow right clicking.. but people can still left click and access them.

Thanks!

Anna Macfarlane said...

I'd like to know more about your home (see pictures) and location. Your photo bucket is apparently full, so no pics shown.

Email me with more info, please:

arzabud@msn.com

Thanks!