Monday, December 01, 2008

it's one thirty A.M.

and i cant sleep... i am not sure if britney is to blame or that steve sanders look alike on desperate housewives??? hmmm.

we had a great holiday and i still cant believe i managed to pull off my first thanksgiving without any disasters. i felt like i cooked non-stop for two days because i brined my turkey for a whole day (highly recommend) and made everything, including two pies from scratch. i honestly loved every second of it right down to making a dippy arrangement for the centerpiece of my dippy table. also, i really do feel grateful for my life, my family, my girls and the gospel. i am one happy, blessed girl.



we went to temple square on friday night to see all of the lights, it was crazy busy but so much fun. as we were leaving chris declared that he would be the photographer of the night and also informed me about a million times that he has so many skills behind a camera.

you be the judge...





and when i pulled this pose out chris informed me that the peace sign is his signature, dead serious... say what?

7 comments:

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

I think you look so beautiful! love the top picture he took! Jake hoped to see a mission buddy at temple square but I guess it was too busy to see anyone!

.caroline armelle. said...

congrats on pulling off thanksgiving! the only turkey i've ever made i brined too. so good!

and, p.s. i got a call from your phone this weekend that i'm pretty sure it was from one of your girls because when i answered there wasn't much of anything. then i realized ezra may do that to you all the time since your name starts with an a. perhaps he and simone are having secret phone calls to each other. lol!

Auntie Ann said...

I love seeing your pretty face on your blog. Your the bomb. And, your thanksgiving dinner looks like an extravaganza, and I KNOW the food was good.

meggan said...

Steve Sanders look alike? You kill me. And I am dying to know your thoughts on the big B Spears special, it kept me wide awake last night as well.

sarah marie. said...

love this post. you are so pretty.

Erin said...

love these pictures. and your nails are so fancy.

Alyson said...

Could you be any more gorgeous? It's quite unfair. :)I love the coloring in your hair in the last picture. I can just hear Chris raving about his skills behind the lens. Probably in the same excited way he tells Jon about a new business every time they're together. :) Funny boys.

Congrats on a successful Thanksgiving dinner! Love the feathers.