Monday, March 30, 2009

first of all, i have to say thank you to everyone who has commented on my blog lately, or ever really. i feel like i have gotten so many kind comments lately and i just wanted you guys to know how much they mean to me :)

i have been in yuba city taking care of my mom after her foot surgery last week... i was so happy i could be there to dote on her the way she does everyone around her. we had a blast and i already miss her but it was so sweet to see chris and the girls after almost a week away... i guess that is how it goes, always missing someone.


this photo that i came across while i was at my parents really got me thinking... i remember this day so well, it was our fourth birthday and we had a huge party. i remember perfectly that heart shaped cake my mom made and the crepe paper crowns we wore, i even remember those dresses like it were yesterday.

and my estee is going to be 4 in two months???!!! it blew my mind thinking she may remember that day so well when she is 28 years old. oh my, it's all happening too fast (and i mean my childhood and estee's) :)

do you remember your fourth birthday?????

9 comments:

Adam Harward said...

That is so crazy, I remember this day too. I cant wrap my brain around how big my pookie is...it breaks my heart in a way. Slipping through our fingers...whaaaa!
Its sister.

Carolyne said...

Not my fourth, but I can remember my fifth. It's so exciting and wonderful to be able to give our children the happy memories we had as children.

Jenean said...

I'm finally coming out of lurkdum :) I love your Blog, Amy! I've followed it for about 8 months now. I live in Roseville so it's always kinda neat when you say Yuba City as it's just down HWy 65/99 for me :) I love the pictures of your new place and wish you all the luck and love in the world with your amazing little family! And to answer your question, I remember my 5th (not 4th) as one of the best. We had big wheel races down our driveway (it was really steep), and sack races in the back yard along with tug-o-war. It was a blast! Thanks for helping me remember it :) I'll comment again soon.

Brooke said...

I totally do, it was all about my little pony :) I still lived in cali, and I had on a pink outfit and my hair was in a pony tail with a pink hair tie. Aww memories.

sarah marie. said...

i wish i had better memories. i only have vague ones weirdly. until college then i became a steel trap.

Mary said...

Thanks babycakers for all the help!
hey, and we did have some fun parties...

twin2trip said...

Seriously this got me thinking. I recently celebrated my twins 4th birthday. I hope I made it memorable for them because clearly if you can remember your 4th then they may be able to as well. The earliest I could make my brain think back to was my 6th b-day.

P.S. - I think you need to enter your girls playroom into a contest. I may have to come back to look @ it for inspiration.

Love, love reading your nifty blog!

Magdalena said...

You deserve all the nice comments. The last post made me cry, and the ones before that make just about everyone say "aw, that's so nice/beautiful/clever/fabulous/ etc." Adam always said that people like the Furstenaus don't come around often, and it's true about their spouses as well. I just want to run into you somewhere and have some Amy-ness rub off on me!

Jennifer said...

i don't remember my 4th birthday, but i do still remember a few weeks before it when i little brother was born. and i have many memories of my 5th birthday (or maybe 6th.. i was in kindergarten).. i had a Barbie party in my backyard and i must've been the happiest kid ever that day. the picture of you and your sister is adorable!