Monday, March 02, 2009

the living room...

let me tell you a little about our new house. it was built in 1912 and is on the most beautiful tree lined street, in the most beautiful neighborhood. the previous owners had done everything to update it including new kitchen and bathrooms, finished the basement (although it is a shelf basement) and finished the attic that we have transformed into heaven on earth for our girls (a giant playroom) not to mention new plumbing and electrical and all that stuff. my favorite part of the house is all of the original wood work, the built-ins in almost every room, and my most favorite is the original stained glass that is throughout the house (turquoise no less)

chris actually bought this house while i was in yuba city for my 10 year high school reunion, he said when he first walked through it he knew without a doubt i would love it... he was so right.

here is a shot of what i have done with the living room, it's not the best shot because it was so dark and dreary out today, but you get the idea!

*updated the photo to a better one taken on this sunny, pretty, breezy day!



and a shot of the little sitting area just off the living room this is right ahead of you as you walk in the front.



i need to get a few pictures hung in the dining room and the wallpaper up in the playroom but hopefully will have those done by the end of the week.

21 comments:

becky said...

oh amy! its perfect! i cant wait to see the rest...

Jill said...

so great! i love the open shelf in your sitting area. you're really pulling the house together so nicely.

Leah said...

Never been more excited for you. And never been more sad that I'm missing lunch group at your house today!!!

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

gorgeous!!!

denise said...

Stalker here, can't wait to see more pictures of your home. It looks beautiful.

Hello Lindello said...

Hello! You don't know me but I found you blog via etsy awhile ago when Lou & lee was featured. I have to say I almost fell out of my chair when I saw your living room just now! I live in an Tudor built in 1914 and my living room looks IDENTICAL to yours! I even have an anthroplogie rug in mine. Im so excited to see the rest of your house because it will give me inspiration for my own home as we moved in not too long ago also. I don't have a lot of pics of my house on my blog, but if you looks there is one my living room. SO weird! Congrats on the new place!

Martha said...

I just love your blog! Your house is too cute!

sarah marie. said...

i want more! i'm obsessed with the living room and seriously cannot wait to see the rest!

Rita said...

oh it is just too gorgeous! I can't get over that woodwork...and stained glass! Can't wait to see the rest!!

{irene} said...

gIRL!!!..what a beautiful place!!!....So so so so pretty!!

Andrea said...

I love it Amy!!!! Can't wait to see more!

Auntie Ann said...

Your house is the bomb sister, looks like a magazine!

katherine said...

i have enjoyed your blog for a while now and have been inspired by your photography and style. thanks for sharing your home with all of us. it is fun to see your new place and the art that you create.

Amber P said...

Amy- it really is so perfect! We need to get together soon!

Anna Macfarlane said...

Seriously--WHERE DID YOU GET YOUR ORANGE COUCH? I love it, I'm going crazy about it.

Adorable home

Jessica Kettle said...

wow amy, i LOVE it! i can't wait to see the rest. =)

.caroline armelle. said...

love it! so so jealous of all your beautiful built-ins.

so happy for you! it's the perfect hom!

Hello Lindello said...

Thanks! So crazy right?! I'm going to the paint store today to paint the dining room, and I've changed up the living room a bit, so once I have new pictures I'll let you know! Love you and your sisters blog!

Suzanne said...

Lovely, lovely, lovely! I'm dying to see the rest.

Anna Macfarlane said...

Oh man, I think I almost bought the same couch. Was he in Holladay/Murray and moving out of state (like $300)?? If so, I am kicking myself even harder now.

Love it! So much.

Ana said...

it looks really cozy