Wednesday, March 18, 2009

the playroom...

is so close to being done but i am going to post photos now and then again when it is all done :)!

this is probably my favorite space in the house, it is where the girls and i spend a good part of our day. the previous owners finished this space in the attic and it is huge. there is a darling spiral staircase in the mud room (my next big project to tackle) that leads to this glorious 600 square feet! we added the wall that the tv is on (still needs a door) and that is going to be my studio/ workspace and i couldn't be more excited about how amazing it is going to be.





a few things about this room...

remember how i said there is a spiral staircase leading to the room? well nothing, and i mean nothing big can get up there so we had to get really creative and ended up disassembling things and also lots of ikea stuff.

i love the vintage formica table i got off craigs list to make the little art station, chris not so much :)


the wallpaper has been a favorite of mine for a while and i was so happy to be able to use it in this room (graham and brown macintosh rose) and the whole opposite wall of the toys we painted with chalkboard paint... a smash hit with the girls.


the swing is another smash hit of the room, the girls are completely obsessed.


i will post again when we get the rest of the artwork hung, door up, and certainly when my workspace is complete... so much to do!

27 comments:

Leah said...

My kids are still talking about the swing.

Mary said...

Can I come play?...it's darling!
I bet you can't pry the girls out of there.

Auntie Ann said...

It is seriously the most darling play room EVER! the kind you always remember when you are growing up...

Johanna said...

That is a lovely room! Love the colors!

liz stanley said...

wow, incredible!

jojo said...

I want to play in that room! The whole house is lovely, but that what we expect from you.

sarah marie. said...

no way. i am seriously dying. by far the coolest room of all time.

Martha said...

Oh. My. Goodness. I am in love!

Hello Lindello said...

So charming. I love the colors and chalkboard; it looks like a fun place to be!

Lillian said...

I peek in on your blog every now and then. I found you through a post by Leah awhile back. This playroom is fabulous - a kid's dream. So cute and fun. Love the swing in the middle of the room. Making mental notes for when I have a place with a playroom someday...

becky said...

it's fantastic!

a child's dream...

{irene} said...

just AMAZING!..I want to go and play!:)

Desiree Fawn said...

this space is fantastic & inspirational -- I'm definitely going to mention it in my Fawned Friday post tomorrow!

Amberli said...

oh amy! i am for real DY-ING over your house. can i please move in? beautiful. and your decor is to die for! love it all!

Shelly said...

I love it--looks like so much fun for your girls!

Smellyann said...

That is very cool! My kids would ADORE that!!

katherine said...

wow. WOW! what a great place to create and learn and grow and play!! pretty sure when my family moves into a new house, we will have to incorporate some of your goodness into our new surroundings and be inspired by your style!! well done, well done!

Susan Petersen said...

This is the coolest playroom ever. What a great space to get creative.

Rita said...

I LOVE this space!!! Seriously what a great place to spend time together! It looks fabulous Amy!

missy said...

I'm obsessed with how cute this playroom is! You've done a great job...I'm going to try to make a miniature version of it in our house (only because we don't have as big of an area). Can you tell me where you got that great swing??

April said...

oh heavens.
So we have a space in our attic identical to this (except for the skylights) and have been wanting to turn it into a playroom! We already have the chalkboard paint up on one wall :)
Our problem is that the entrance is just a pull down hatch in one of the bedrooms that we can only access with a tall ladder that we keep in the garage.
We've been trying to find a good ladder/stair option that is safe for a toddler - I would love to see a picture of your spiral staircase!
Gorgeous gorgeous room - totally the stuff dreams are made of :)

Jill said...

your playroom is a dream! i love that you connected your studio space to it so you can be right there with your girls.

that graham + brown wallpaper looks so great.

Christmas Queen said...

I looked but forgot to say how much I love your new home...you have done a great job!

Helen said...

oh wow that is an amazing playroom! i had a playroom growing up and thought i was amazing cos none of the other kids in my street or school had one. but it was never as amazing as this!

anaphe said...

I just found your blog...you are so creative! I love your playroom! Great space for your little ones. I am starting my playroom next! It has been all about the nurseries up until now...so I will use your room as an inspiration! Thanks!

Cher said...

Amy D. just showed me your blog so I could see your house- I'm dying! So amazing, don't you love old houses? So much character. I need to see it in person!

Bridget said...

coolest play room ever.