Sunday, March 01, 2009

a sad day...

the day we moved (yes we moved in one day) was the craziest day of my life literally. i dont think i have ever put myself through so much, physically and emotionally.

when chris called me and told me that we were moving it was out of nowhere, i was so excited because i had been wanting to move into our new house so badly (we bought it in october) i didn't even have a moment to think about it, before i knew it we were saying goodbye to our sweet little home.



as i looked over the empty house one last time as we were walking out the door i got the biggest lump in my throat and couldn't hold back the tears. not because i was sad to be leaving but because we had been so happy there. so much happiness. our babies grew into toddlers in that home and for some reason all i could picture was estee learning to ride her bike on the tile around the kitchen.



i am so grateful to be in our new house, i couldn't love it more. but i am also so grateful for all of the joy we were able to experience in our last one.

4 comments:

Dorothy said...

Hey Amy...It's been forever! Happy late anniversary. The pic of you and Chris is so beautiful. You both are such a power couple and your girls are to die for! Seeing your gorgeous old house empty is sad. But I am sure your new one is amazing and Im sure you have decorated it to perfection. I hope you all are doing well. P.S. Estee's sweet little pic is on our fridge and Zion is obsessed! He is always asking to play with Estee. It's too cute! Oh and I seriously had a dream the other day that I came to help you move and for some reason took all your rugs home to wash! Random!!!

Dorothy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sarah marie. said...

moving is always hard for me. no matter what. i'll miss your house but am sooo excited for your new one! any change is hard i think. but it's good too.

Ann said...

I miss that place too, but love the new house!