Monday, April 27, 2009

ann's shower...

i am so happy so many of you want to come over to the new blog with me! i am still figuring every thing out and i'm still not sure where i am going to take it??!!

but i will be posting a ton over here because i feel like i have so much catching up to do.

i had ann's baby shower on friday and it was such a blast.

i knew i didn't want to do the traditional baby blue baby shower, but honestly was at a loss for the longest time as to what i wanted to do. then i came across a vintage book i had been hoarding and it all came from there.

i deconstructed the book, scanned the pages and made the invites using a scaled down version of one of the pages. then, i cut up the cover of the book (and a couple others because i was making so many) and attached the invite to the cover piece.





i used the original pages of the book to make the banners that were hanging (except for the "baby mama" banner, i got that one off etsy HERE)



for food, since it was an evening shower, i wanted to have dinner. so i did hot dogs (j-dawgs catered if you are familiar- best secret sauce ever!) and i did fresh grilled corn, chocolate dipped strawberries, homemade cupcakes, mango salsa, and a to die for compound butter for the corn (the salsa and butter were made by mom and sister) and of course mexican coke... nothing better. oh, and izze for the a la natural types.







it was such a fun night, and ann made off with some really perfect things. that little guy is already loved so much!


thanks so much to everyone who came...

** if this post makes no sense and sounds like a third grader wrote it, i am not to blame... i have literaly been trying to write/post this all day and my kids seemed to be plotting against me because every time i started writing a sentence someone started crying. for real.

so please forgive me :)

30 comments:

Auntie Ann said...

I can't thank you enough for such a perfect shower...everything was so beautiful. Love you!

becky said...

you are the perfect party planner/hostess and ann is the cutest pregnant gal!

perfection!

Dorothy said...

Absolutely Beautiful! What a great idea...Tearing up the old book! Everything turned out perfect. Ann is so blessed to have you as her sister. You both have such an amazing connection! I bet you are so excited to be Auntie Amy to her little man!!! Good Work!!

Erin said...

everything is so darling! so excited for him to come!

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

wonderful party!
and I had my first "Mexican coke" the other day and it was yummy and made with sugar! not high fructose corn syrup! awesome!

Leah said...

The shower was to die for. Delicious food, great company, talks about how your family embarrasses you...perfect.

AnnieC said...

Thank you so much for sharing your amazing photos of the shower. All of the food looked so delectable, and the decor was lovely. I am so thrilled for you and Ann (you because you will be a wonderful Auntie, and Ann because she will be such an adorable mommy). Have a beautiful day! Blessings and Light. Rachel

jane said...

oh my my! adorable baby shower!

LOVE the invites and decor!

xo

Hello Lindello said...

Sweet! Everything looks so good! Funny you bought that baby mama banner as well. I am having a shower at my place for a gf of mine and bought one too! Her's will be a brunch though....I have lots of planning to do still!

meggan said...

You sure know how to throw one helluva partay! I maybe carefully wrapped my invitation back up and tucked it away somewhere special, seriously cutest thing ever. See you at the movies...

shannon said...

So cute and inspiring. You don't know me, but love catching up on your blog and great ideas. Thanks for the inspiration.
shannon@knubox.com

Shannon Knight

Martha said...

Great job! I love those Baby Mama banners!

sarah marie. said...

it was perfect. especially with those jdawgs..

Rita said...

Everything was so perfect! My first jdawg...great company...gorgeous house...couldn't have been better!

sarah marie. said...

oh and 286 comments?! sheesh!

Ana said...

beautiful shower. your sis is lucky to have you.

Jen said...

it was so much fun! You always throw a great party!!!

Natalie said...

Unfortunately...if you go private, the do have a limit of how many people you invite and it looks like you are quite the popular lady! But, if you have space- I would love to be invited. I am so intrigued with your photography skills, decorating pizazz, and all around spunkiness! I went to highschool with Chris, so I am not a TOTAL stranger! natalie.kessler@academymortgage.com

Elyse said...

Just want one of those cupcakes... seriously.

Kim said...

Divinity. You gewrls sure know how to throw a party! So fun!

Lorilee said...

there's just something special about drinking a coke out of the bottle. love every detail.

Julie Rae said...

No fair! I wish I lived there so I could have gone. What a fun party! Ann looks so cute.

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

WOw, it looks amazing! I just found your blog via your GORGEOUS home tour. I'd love to link to this baby shower if you don't mind. I love showers full of DIY goodness! Off to explore the rest of your beautiful space...

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

Oh I'm such a spaz! I think I have been here before. I recognize that gorgeous playroom! I need to add you to my Reader right now so i don't miss a thing. I love your blog!

Room design studio said...

Cant take my eyes of the food and the pail with the coke!! LOVE the whole thing!

zoe said...

You did a great job! Everything looked perfect. I just have one question, what is mexican coke?

jacheree said...

You are amazingly creative! I'm super jealous of your decorating/party planning skills. :)

You don't know me personally either but I've been keeping up with your blog for about a year & a half or so... I love your photos and your adorable little family! :)

jashanacheree@hotmail.com

Jashana Copeman

Amy said...

thanks so much everyone!!! :)

zoe, the mexican coke is actually imported from mexico, it is so much better than our coke here because it has real cane sugar... yum!

Mique (as in Mickey) said...

Thanks for letting me share with my readers. ;) LOVE it.

Tiffany said...

Everything looks spectacular! You did a great job! Where did you find the "natural" envelope mailers? I love how you tied the little water guns to it! Thanks for sharing Amy!