Tuesday, September 15, 2009

sad state of affairs...

yesterday was a bad, bad day. i mean i know it could be much worse, but it honestly seemed like it would never end.

want to hear about it?

i woke up and got estee ready for preschool, as i was buckling the girls in their car seats my neighbor (who already hates us and called chris an a-hole because we are a construction zone working on our driveway and garage that he DIDN'T want us to build) was backing out of his driveway. I heard a loud noise and looked up to find him getting out of his car, throwing his sunglasses as far as he could and screaming profanities throughout the neighborhood. i had my girls in the car but what really got me was when he looked at the sweet guy who was working on our driveway and screamed "i f@#$%@g hit your trailer you f@#$%&g idiot) i could feel my blood boiling so i looked at him and said calmly "it's his fault you hit the trailer parked on the other side of the road?" now normally i would never have said a word, but i knew the man wouldn't say anything because he cant speak english and because well frankly, the guy is a serious jerk. so after i made my little snip he looked at me and yelled... "OH SHUT UP" say what??! are you joking that this grown man just told me to shut up? so maybe i told him how ridiculous he is and how childish and maybe i even called him a jerk... i cant be too sure because i was pretty mad.

dang... i was seriously sick to my stomach from the incident all day long. in fact i still am. not to mention the fact that on our way to preschool estee kept telling me her eye was bugging her and since i was so hopped up on adrenaline i didn't pay much attention... until i was getting her out of the car and she had a teary, green goopy, pink eye... the worst. so needless to say, i am still in full on sanitation mode and every surface in our house has been cleaned probably 500 times. it looks like it is almost cleared up and since it has been 24 hours she is no longer contagious. phew.

now i am throwing together a guest room for my longtime bff amanda who is coming to town on thur. so excited to see her, it has been years. just dont know why i put everything off until the last min.?


our backyard, they are pouring concrete this week, we are building a garage with a master suite above it and pouring a driveway, all of which we didn't have.


doesn't this photo pretty much make you sick to your stomach? and yes, our house does smell like a convalescent home... lysol.

p.s. don't think differently of me, i promise i don't go telling people they are ridiculous on the street all the time... and trust me, he deserved it. big time.

24 comments:

Auntie Ann said...

Ha! Im sorry sister. You should have said a lot more than you did...you're to nice. Im glad things are on the "up and up"

.caroline armelle. said...

wow, what a jerk!

i hate confrontations like that, they make you sit and stir and think about them all day and night.

and, i can't believe that is your backyard, it looks completely different now. can't wait to see it all done!

p.s. go get yourself a cupcake.. you deserve one..

katherine said...

ohhh, this makes my blood boil, just reading it! argh! nasty neighbors are the worst, because there is no getting rid of them!!! dang it.

good for you for telling him how you feel, but keeping your cool all the while!

glad estee is feeling better. boogery eyes are almost as bad as lame neighbors. take care.

Magdalena said...

Everything for a reason - Perhaps the man you spoke (yelled) on behalf of is pretty grateful you stuck up for him? Perhaps he thinks you're the greatest - which we know you are. For what it's worth, I'm actually kinda proud of you Mrs. Furstenau.

Magdalena said...

pink eye is the worst though

Intuition Cell said...

Oh my goodness, I FEEL FOR YOU! I know exactly that awful feeling in your stomach you're talking about. I hope things get better!

I really think that your standing up to him means you're simply not able to stand by and watch and injustice. That says great things about you.

noelle said...

I can't believe you didn't do worse...you should have backed into him and then got out of the car screaming at him about hitting him. Certainly something you would have regretted doing in front of your children but it would've been like a Fried Green Tomatoes moment, plus it sounds like he really really deserved worse.

Bart and Jill said...

I live in Washington, but nasty neighbors are everywhere! We have a neighbor that spies out his window trying to catch us doing something wrong. He yells out his door all the time when one of our friends parks in front of his house, like he owns the street. He has never said anything to me but has yelled at my mother in law and sister in law. I feel for ya... You did the right thing.

Kate Brotherson said...

Savanna wants Estee to come to her birthday party on Saturday at 12. The girls are going to wear their dress ups and have their makeup, hair and nails done. Bring her if you can!

Desiree Fawn said...

ugh! that is so miserable and totally immature. what a crappy neighbour he is!!
I totally understand that shaky feeling you get after a confrontation that's so uncomfortable and awful.
hopefully he'll shove off from now on!

Elly said...

Oh! So sorry you had a bad day yesterday (that guy sounds perfectly horrid!) . . . hope tomorrow is better for you :)

Suzanne said...

I'm so sorry you had such a crappy day! I would have gone off on that guy. I hate when people use bad language in public, seriously! Good luck with the rest of your construction.

PS. I heard my friend Jessi just bought a house by you. She's the sweetest girl. She's Julia Jolley's sis-in-law. Anyway, I'm sure you'll get to know her.

sarah marie. said...

sooo glad you said something to him. nothing worse than when people are mean to others especially when they're humble.

becky said...

you had every right to say something...so glad you did! what a nerd for acting like that in front of kids.

thanks for helping me during all your busy madness of a schedule. you'll never know how much that made my day. can i come visit next week...bring some sugar? p.s. were you so happy that jordan won? i was smiling ear to ear.

meggan said...

You go gurrrl! I am absolutely terrified about confrontational situations like this, but I did have to give a comcast guy the what-for last week (not even close to as dramatic as this, but that's all I've got), and I must say that I was kind of pleased with myself afterward. I felt like a real housewife--"Who's gonna check me boo?"

megan and melissa said...

Sorry you had such a bad day...don't you just hate those? Sometimes it is tiring to have to deal with people like that. I can't wait to see your finished backyard. You are so stylish and I want to steal that style! Hope you have a good Wednesday.
xoxo-Meg
fiddlesticksandfunnygirls.blogspot.com

AnnieC said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AnnieC said...

I am sooo sorry you had to remind an adult (who should know better) that the world isn't always about him. I hate when others feel they are so entitled that they get resentful and angry over your paramount right (and as a homeowner, you definitely have the right to change your property to meet your vision). I think you did the right thing by saying something to him, he IS horrid. Perhaps he will reflect on what happened that day and take responsibility for hitting the trailer, and thus, grow up a little. Blessings and Light to you and your family.

Rachel

P.S. Glad Estee's eye is better.

Vanessa said...

You have such a wonderfully beautiful blog, I noticed you were going to that bloggers lunch at...now I am forgetting, Communial?sp? too and I googled your blog. Is that stalkerish? I hope not, excited to meet you!

-vanessa from inevergrewup.net

Mollybelle said...

Awful angry people make me queezy. I absolutely hate when I cross paths with any of them. I think it is good that you said something, and you said it calmly, with out swearing. That showed that you can handle yourself so maturely and classy like. Whether he showed it or not, I'm sure he was stunned and embarrassed.

Rita said...

this is the worst! You were totally justified by the way...

Lucky I wasn't there because I'm sure I would have gone into the full-blown windmill (that is what we call it in our family) and let that jerk have it...and I'm sorry Estee is sick too! What a day...

merilee said...

Your blood may have been boiling, you may have felt like your day was ruined, but you know what? You stood up for someone who could not defend himself. Don't overlook that part. It takes strength, courage, and compassion to do what you did. I think your small act of bravery was noble and you should feel proud! ;)

{Erica} said...

You totally should've made some cookies, let your little pink eyed lady touch all the cookies and then take them over to your neighbor as a "peace offering" :)

Glad that yesterday is...well...yesterday! Here's to a better weekend for you!

Cher said...

I can't believe you have a neighbor like that! Where in the world do you live? :) You poor thing, I would have done the same thing but probably said more that "jerk"!