Wednesday, February 10, 2010

dont look at me, i'm hideous...

i have been battling a kidney stone for the past 4 days... gross i know but i'm not sure how else to put it. i went to the E.R. 3 times and the pain was so bad the morphine shots didn't even touch it, there was no relief at all until they brought out some big daddy that completely knocked me out and made me high as kite. i didn't like that at all but at least the pain was manageable. i wont even go into the part where they pumped me so full of fluids i looked 500 hundred pounds... i believe they referred to it as a "kidney challenge" ummm no thanks. i think the worst is behind me. it better be because my whole family is sick and i need to be mom. i am actually dying to be mom.

i will be back soon but in the meantime i wanted to point you in the direction of a family whose story popped up in my inbox this morning... it is tragic, and amazing, and reminded me miracles really do happen. go here to read about bronson. jane has some great ideas about how to help if you feel so inclined :)

7 comments:

{jane} said...

amy, bless your sweet soul. thank you for sharing bronson's story. i hope you are better very soon, the kidney stone sounds horrible.

warmly,
jane

Amberli said...

oh amy - i am so sorry to hear about the kidney stone! i've been there and NOTHING in this whole wide world hurts more than that. i can't believe that it's been four days without passing. likes like being in labor for four days! did they offer to "go in and get it"? they did for me and luckily they didn't have to do it because it passed, but four days must be awful! get well soon!!!

sarah marie. said...

so sorry amy! but love the kramer line..

i'm h.mac said...

this might sound silly and maybe you have heard about it. for kidney stones if you drink a six pack of coke and 8 oz. of asparagus puree is will actually dissolve the stone. i have had a couple of stones and have a neighbor that always gets rid of his this way. my dad had one last year and he was in so much pain his blood pressure was sky high. the nurse at the urologists office told him this trick. it took 4 days for the dissolved pieces to pass but they did. you can also repeat the process if it doesn't work immediately. i know it sounds bonkers, but it works....

so sorry for the pain! it is awful....

i'm h.mac said...

sorry, i forgot to add that you have to consume that crazy mixture within an hour. even more crazy right?

The Hansens said...

Amy...... I am SOOOOOOOOOO sorry about your kidney stones! I can't even imagine. I hope it is over soon.
And thank you for the link to sweet Bronson's story. I hope you dont mind I posted it on my blog hoping to get more prayers for him.

I am just in awe of this family........

miss you. Let me know if I can help with the girls or anything!

Kate Brotherson said...

ouch! I have heard those hurt so bad!
Thanks for finding the post about Bronson and sharing it. I had heard this story through one of their friends but not all the details. Wow, I will post about this myself.