Wednesday, March 24, 2010

a story about estee...

about a week ago i was on nickjr.com with the girls when they spotted this new video on the site...



as we were watching it i noticed that estee had a funny look on her face and after it was over she started crying. it was the saddest, sweetest cry i had ever seen. when i asked her what was wrong she told me that the video made her really sad... but happy too. when i tried to get her to explain the only thing she could say was that the beginning part when small dora is swinging "she has a little smile on her face that makes me feel happy and sad at the same time" she was so emotional about it all night. i didn't really know what to think about it other than i could see that the change affected her, made her feel something she had never felt before... and i think it was sad to see her little dora grown up but excited for the new one as well. when i started thinking about it, i knew just how she felt because that's how i feel about her... and sometimes i want to cry about it too.

Photobucket

7 comments:

meagan said...

Oh boy. That is so, so sweet. Sometimes the flashes of honesty and insight are remarkable aren't they.

sarah marie. said...

this is so sweet. and i maybe rolled too. she is just like her mommy and i love that.

Rita said...

this maybe broke my heart...i feel the same way about Stella...so cute.

Hope you are doing great...

Mary said...

she's such a sweetie...I love these photos!

Auntie Ann said...

Im crying...because I know just how she feels too. Oh man she is growing WAY to fast...just like that DORA.

Erin said...

so maybe I teared up a little bit watching that too.

Marlo told me she likes the new Dora better...oh boy.

JKA said...

Hi Estee and Mom! I hope you don't think I'm crazy, but I found your blog as reference on Becky Kimball's blog, who I'm related to... Anyway, ESTEE!! I miss you and it looks like you are growing up little missy! Hope you're being good (like you were for me)... You were a very smart little gal! Is Miss Steph still your teacher?

Love- Miss Annie :)