Thursday, June 03, 2010

fresh pasta...

i made fresh pasta yesterday for the first time by myself. my mom has made it many times throughout my life and i have just enjoyed the fruits of her labors without doing any of the work. i have to say, i loved every minute of the process. i used two books that really walk you through the whole process step by step... this one and this one (both great books i highly recommend)

i made about a pound of fresh fettuccine using

3 cups flour (unbleached, organic)
3 whole eggs
3 egg yolks

here are a few photos of the process...











i seriously am going to be making fresh pasta all the time, it is so delicious and really fun to do. in fact i am making some right now... i'm in trouble.

the machine i got can be found here, and i love it... really, really easy to use.

16 comments:

Auntie Ann said...

Oh sissy...my mouth is WATERING. I looks beautiful and so delicious.

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

I'm so so impressed! and more than inspired!

Alisha said...

This looks incredible... YUM! Can I come over for dinner ;)

kimmib said...

WOW! That looks amazing! Restaurant worthy! :)

kimmib said...

WOW! That looks amazing! Restaurant worthy! :)

Magdalena said...

Looks beautiful Amy - love that it's so simple.

kimsueellen said...

looks divine.

JKA said...

Wow! You are so creative, I loVe it! Estee girl!! You are getting too big!! STOP GROWING! Happy B-day cutie :)

xo,

Miss Annie

sarah marie. said...

omg that looks SOOO good. can we have lunch group and you make that?

{irene} said...

looks amazing!!!

Lindsey said...

Mmmm, that looks so, so good. We have a pasta machine, but the one time we tried it the dough turned out to be tougher than a rubber ball. We definitely need to try it again. Pasta is our absolute favorite.

Yeah, sorry for the cryptic GPW, but if that was your husband I didn't want to give your house location away :) I love that area. My in-laws live a few blocks away, and I actually had my reception there. Such a lovely neighborhood.
We live in a little, tiny, old home in Murray.

Anyway, I'm glad I said hi :)

Mary said...

you are GOURMET, as my mom would say!

Amy D. said...

Sarah...I was JUST about to comment the same thing. lunch group ASAP....my mouth can hardly contain itself.

Jen said...

YUM!!!! my mouth is watering!

Bridget said...

wow- that's impressive. looks so good.

Renee said...

You have now inspired me to make my own pasta....I think I'll try this with my girls this summer. :)