Tuesday, June 01, 2010

i went to a d.i.y club that my friend nicole in my neighborhood does every month. she and susan taught us how to make these adorable skirts and i was such a reject at sewing. like really crazy bad and could hardly sew a straight line. anyway, it got me really wanting to learn how to sew. so i decided to try and teach myself, i figure i've taught myself how to do alot of things, why not sewing? plus my mom comes next week and since she is a master seamstress i figure i will pick her brain a bit. i have made the girls a ton of skirts each one looking better than the last and now i am attempting a simple dress for estee. we'll see how it goes...

here is estee wearing one of the skirts i made for her...

8 comments:

Susan said...

adorable!

.caroline armelle. said...

i love it!
is that striped fabric from ikea?
darling!

sarah marie. said...

omg amy she is so stinking cute in that outfit. good job!

Rita said...

she couldn't be cuter!

and I love your redo on the living room...it looks gorgeous!

mike|amanda|elle said...

Found your blog surfing one day... Sorry I stalk you sometimes! I have to say how cute your girls are. Love this skirt! If it makes you feel any better it looks awesome... I have an apparel & textiles major and can't sew anymore to save my life:) estee is a doll!!

Erin said...

she is such a beauty and I love that outfit! I know about the sewing...your mom is the only person who's used mine.

Mary said...

she IS the cutest! and I love the skirt!

{jane} said...

so....my sela already owns that shirt, and i'd love a skirt just like that for her! wanna make one, and put it in your etsy shop for me??? please.