Tuesday, September 14, 2010

a few things...

here i sit in my quiet house all by myself for a few hours. it's really nice, i must admit.

i can't tell you how much i am obsessed with the carpool a few of us from the neighborhood set up. every single day that someone comes to pick up estee i feel a little giddy. i wonder how long the thrill of it will last.

thinking about sarah's post about the hunger game trilogy... she cast the movie perfectly... much better than who they are actually considering don't you think? can't wait for book club.


can't stop baking slash eating cookies, cupcakes, brownies, creme brulee and the like. it's really starting to show in my tush too plush my jeans are even tighter. oh jeez, guess my few miles of running a day are no longer doing the trick. sad.

chris just booked a room at the palazzo for my 30th birthday weekend extravaganza. i'm really excited. except for the whole turning thirty thing.

back to hunger games... i'm curious what did you think of mockingjay? without spoilers though because i know a lot of people haven't read it yet(YES, I'M TALKING TO YOU ANN! GET ON IT ALREADY!) i'm still not sure. but pretty sure i didn't love it. too dark and depressing and violent and in a different way than the first two. i don't know though...

7 comments:

sarah marie. said...

please tell me they won't pick one of those girls!

Heidi (Todd) Broberg said...

So I follow your blog...HI...ha ha ha...

I totally agree with you on the last book. My hubbie is still reading it and also said its just so depressing and self-loathing... driving us crazy. So I LOVE the series...liked the ending, I guess...but was disappointed with the ending (or end of) the book overall.

kate said...

i am a book lover but did NOT love this series i'm afraid. so very dark and violent with not enough redemption. but i do love movie adaptations and it is so fun to cast them myself in my "dream" version. your friend's picks are much better. always enjoy your blog. you may be the only non-family/friend on my google reader because i love to see your lovely photography/design inspiration. thanks!

Katie said...

the last book made me SO sad. so much death and including people you care about, too. there wasn't enough closure for me either with a lot of people and katniss. it was surprisingly political- i liked the message of peace, recovery, and healing. my favorites are the other two though.

mushbelly said...

I haven't read the last book yet. I was so excited for it - but I keep hearing negative things about it....so now I'm not so motivated to read it. Im sure I will eventually.

kimsueellen said...

Hoping to make it to book club this month, but Mockingjay broke my heart. Oi. So much to discuss.

joanna said...

i loved love loved the first book, was pleasantly surprised at how much i liked the second book after starting it & initially wondering how it would measure up, but was not super thrilled after reading the last book. don't get me wrong, i totally loved the series itself but the third book seemed a bit rushed or something & i was really bugged that in both #2 & #3 the author kind of skips over how action plays out & katniss is simply filled in on it later on. in the second book it wasn't a big deal, but when it happened again in book 3 i was surprised. i found myself wondering if the author was in a hurry to turn the book in to her editor or something, for me i would have enjoyed it more fully if they had actually stormed president snow or something more conclusive to the action at the end....

still, thought this was a very imaginative series & i thought your friend's casting of brendan gleason was exactly who i thought of for hamish!! the other characters were right on too but the hamish one was so totally perfect for me!