Thursday, January 27, 2011

sharing...

my girls share a room and i love it. i always find them in their room when they should be sleeping, playing and using their imaginations... just a few days ago i woke up at 6:30 to the sound of giggles to find this...



sadly, the day is fast approaching that they will no longer share a room. they are so excited about their new rooms and have spent a ton of time with me looking at fabrics, duvets, curtains and pillows (though nowhere near as much time as i have, it's a full blown obsession)

we came up with a few colors that we are hoping to work around, here is a little peek...


estee just says pink everything so i wanted to to do a mauvey pink w/ navy and grey so hopefully it wont look just like another pink little girl's room. she likes it.
simone's colors are based around a really great chair i found at D.I. that i plan on using in the room. yes, the chair is that cute to plan a whole room around though i am in love with the color scheme either way.


and here is a little collage of a few items we are loving (these will probably change a million times before we decide :) )



i had to really narrow down considering i have like 25 bedding sets saved to my computer that i love.

so this next month i will be painting and sewing (umm, i mean having chris paint and mom sew!) and picking out everything. can you tell i'm a little excited about this project.

6 comments:

patrice stanford said...

do you want afghans for their beds??? just let me know

patrice stanford said...

...if so, go to CARON.COM website and pick out the colors under SIMPLY SOFT...and I will get to work

sarah marie. said...

ooh i love the color schemes!

nicole me oh my! said...

I love the color schemes! Can't wait to see the rooms all done, what lucky girls!

Amy said...

Yes, yes aunt Patsy! I am so excited :) they will be PERFECT! I'll let you know the colors when I have picked paint and all that stuff :)

thank you! Thank you! :)

Jenni said...

can you tell me where the striped pillow is from? (the one with all the fun colors)