Thursday, March 31, 2011

baby boy stuff...

tomorrow (friday) i am 27 weeks. i am getting huge and keep thinking how i cant believe i am only going to get bigger! but baby boy has a real hold on me already and i am getting so excited to meet him :)



the excitement to meet him was only heightened this morning when the fed ex guy delivered his layette i ordered from kate quinn organics ... it is just as beautiful and buttery soft as i imagined. i loved pulling out each piece daydreaming about baby boy wearing each one. my favorites are the seahorse kimono bodysuit and all of the infant sacques but really, each piece is perfect. totally spensy, but i am finding most of the cute boy stuff is.



i also ordered some booties from pleasantly plump knits, she does custom orders so i got a striped pair to match a bunch of his layette and clothes and then these boots for the fall. they are so soft and well made and the designs are darling...



sister is pretty much the pro on good boy stuff so she pointed me in the direction of aden+anais for my swaddling needs. i ordered this set since i loved the print so much and since target now carries a line of their blankets (only a little smaller in size) i think i will get another set from there since again, they are speeeeency.



and i have to mention the formentera line at baby gap right now... the photos online dont do it justice, it is adorable. the little scooter print looks like little vespas and im always a sucker for black and cream. i scooped up a bunch of it while friends and family (30% off) was going on. i'm sort of in love with the little v-neck slim fitting onesies... so cute.



so please, please share your favorite boy finds with me... i am having so much fun buying stuff for this little guy... who knew?!?

15 comments:

Rachel Holste said...

ummmm..... not fair! I look that way when i'm 12 weeks along! you look amazing...
YAY for a boy!

Different By Design said...

Love all the Kate Quinn Organics clothing Amy! Adorable! Do you find that the tags bother you at all? I was always scared to purchase them because I'm so used to everything being "tag free" now. But after seeing the gorgeous prints and colors in your photo vs. their web photos they look too cute to pass up!

Also love the knit booties. Meghan is so sweet and gifted! And you will NOT find better blankets than A+A..you can find good prices on them at amazon.

Congratulations on your pregnancy again. Ann has amazing boy clothing taste so I'm sure you are in good hands!

I also love Winter Water Factory and Dwell Studio for little boys clothing. :)

Ana said...

Hi! I follow your sisters blog and she has great taste. I have bought my son a lot of clothes from h&m. The clothes are priced very reasonably and I love that they come a little big because the little ones grow by the minute. They have pants with suspenders, very cute knits at times (cardis for $9), a lot of striped tops and sometimes tops with elbow patches which are my favorite. I have the Aden + Anais target swaddle blankets and they were my favorite. I love that they are thin but still keep the babies warm. I still cover my son with them when it's warm. I can't wait to see more of your pics and you look gorgeous.

Ana said...

I also like this http://www.teacollection.com/baby-boy-clothes.

Court said...

Hi! You don't know me but I love reading your blog..(found it through Lou&Lee) Your style and ideas inspire me, your girls are adorable -as I'm sure baby boy will be and you look fantastic with your baby bump. Though maybe its odd since I'm a total stranger I look forward to your posts.

Kelly said...

Buying for a boy is almost more fun because it's more of a challenge (especially on a budget). But I have found some cute stuff at America Apparel and H&M. Also, I have found some pretty cute Nike hightops at a very fancy boutique called Ross Dress For Less but it's hit and miss there.

Erin said...

Such cute stuff! Can't wait to meet the little man.

britmellen said...

I love Kate Quinn Organics! I just saw that you can get 40% off and free shipping if you use the code COOLMOM11--I haven't tried it but it's worth a try. I love your blog!

jonahliza said...

that cake looks awesome! i love baking.. special treats always make people feel good.

me said...

There are some AWESOME baby , boy ( and girl) things at zulily.com. I HIGHLY recommend! I stocked up on some cutesy organic baby things yesterday. Prices also can't be beat. Here is the invite :http://www.zulily.com/invite/ohill214

Enjoy! :)

Diana Smith said...

I absolutely love all the onesies you have for your little boy! they are precious!

{jane} said...

that baby boy layette is amazing! it makes me want a newborn boy to bath, get smelling all yummy, and dress in those comfy clothes! so cute.

Jill said...

His layette is beautiful, I esp love the seahorses.

Bridget said...

well, i am having a boy in july and work at a baby store so i have been paying attn to this kind of stuff and you done well with the aden and anais swaddles. they're a huge hit at the store. same with kickypants brand clothes-- they make the sweetest onesies, and layettes, and some of them even have little old fashioned snaps on the butt! they're bamboo and ridiculously soft too. ohhh and what else... i dont know, i'll give it some thought.

gowshika said...

Thank you for the info. It sounds pretty user friendly. I guess I’ll pick one up for fun. thank u

Baby Boy Clothes