Thursday, April 28, 2011

summer shirt...

my absolute favorite thing to do lately is put my headphones in and get lost in the world of jane eyre as i sew to my hearts content. i have made the girls a few summer dresses from the same pattern as the easter dresses (very plain but also very cute in different fabrics) and i also made this little summer shirt for simone. i plan of playing with the pattern a bit, making some longer, maybe even a dress and changing the neckline to boat neck for a couple too. i think it is the perfect summer shirt.

10 comments:

sarah marie. said...

so cute! and monie's hair is perfect.

DENiSE said...

Oh-my-goodness...so cute!!!

Mary said...

So cute...Simone looks 22!

Brittany said...

Ok, I want to dress like your girls!

andrea said...

Oh my gosh Amy...so so cute! Ok, now I am totally inspired! I have my sewing machine all set up and sort of know how to use it but not really. I think I'm scared of it. Now I am determined to learn and sew for my girls! My mom sewed all of my clothes when I was little. Great Job...and Simone is beautiful.

{jane} said...

eeegads! adorable! i love this sewing-kick you are on! and, LOVED their easter dresses!

have you joined pinterest yet? i think you'd likey...

J said...

Did you have to take classes to learn? i really want to get better at sewing but I am afraid of patterns. How did you learn?

Heather "Rita" said...

seriously...so cute! And when did your sweet Simone turn into a teenager? She looks so big and gorgeous!

I wish I knew how to sew! Jim got me a sewing machine for Christmas and I've yet to bust it out! I need to be brave and try!

Allie in Wonderland said...

I've been following your blog for some time, but this is my first comment. :) You have the most adorable family! I am teaching myself to sew (from youtube..haha) and would love to know where you get your patterns! Thanks!

{jane} said...

please blog - requesting: the misters new room!!!

xo.