Sunday, April 24, 2011

what a day...

it was a pretty crazy morning to say the least. but we managed to have a wonderful day after the bumpy start (a trip for me to labor and delivery to have baby monitored. thankfully, all is well!) i got home just in time to get the girls all gussied in their new dresses so we could catch the end of church. it was just what i needed to calm my troubled heart.

did i mention i sewed their dresses with my own two hands? they may not look like much, but for this beginning sewer they were a real labor of love. i am so happy with how they turned out and cant believe i am actually a bit of a sewer now :) i am going to pretty much make their entire summer wardrobe. i cant wait. the best part was how much they loved them.

easter is always such a wonderful time for me to reflect and feel real gratitude for the miracles in my life. i am so grateful.



16 comments:

becky said...

ummm you are a rockstar! those dresses are darling!

im glad everything turned out ok this morning... can't wait to see you tomorrow!

Rachel Holste said...

BEAUTIFUL GIRLS!!!!!

mushbelly said...

They look amazing! We need detail shots of the bows. What did you make those out of? I'm totally impressed :)

Heather Cherie said...

they are lovely! :) great work and adorable little girls!

Jillian said...

oh my gosh! love them!

Amy Lou said...

Those dressed couldn't be cuter - really!!! GOOD JOB :) HAPPY EASTER!

Casey said...

adorable! just adorable! :)

Mollie said...

More info on how you made the dresses, please? Wow! They look fantastic!

me said...

A.D.O.R.E. the dresses! Yeah for the new seamstress! I'm glad all is well with the baby. LOts of good vibes to you :) and I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE the furniture :) iF you have anything else for sale - lemme know ... I just might be your permanent customer :)

sarah marie. said...

are you kidding?! cutest dresses ever. and try not to worry about the shock. ann told me. i know the baby is ok. so scary though.

C.Y. said...

very sweet i like it! http://redpassioncy.blogspot.com/

Liv said...

ok, wow. I feel the same way as everyone else about those adorable dresses!

You should make them for grown ups.

AnnieC said...

The dresses are AMAZING! I am glad your scare resulted in all being fine with you and your Darling Son. Blessings and Light to you and yours....

Laci said...

Amy those dresses couldn't be any cuter! You better be proud!

{jane} said...

could not be any cuter!

and, it makes me really wish i was better at sewing!

elsabags said...

Wow! Those are fabulous & the shirt in your next post is adorable. Good job!