Monday, June 20, 2011

baby louie's nursery is complete...

his name will be lewis and this is his room.

we all come into this room about 15 times a day, i don't know why but it really has a magical feeling in there, and the smell... it already smells like baby. the clothes are washed and folded, blankets are ready for swaddling and the rocker is ready to be put to use.

i am so excited about the time baby boy and i will share is his little room :)

here are some photos...

the rug is the first thing i purchased for the room from anthropologie (i think it was called the artist's rug) i love the colors and the unusual shape, plus it is giant. i worked everything around it.


the rocker was a thrift store find i had professionally reupholstered. it is so, so comfy.


my mom made the gorgeous drapes and the crib and bassinet are the BAM collection by argington.


probably my favorite thing in the room is this giant sized poster i had made from an old photograph of my grandpa and his siblings from the 1920's. (grandpa is on the far right and one of my favorite people i will ever know) the changer was the girls, we painted and lined with faux bois contact paper.


the built-ins are stock full of baby essentials (onesies, gowns, booties and swaddle blankets)


a close up :)


the drawers are in mint condition and were a total steal for $60 on ksl, the paper mache goat head is from anthropologie.


i love the gorgeous bedding my mom made, the mobile is blabla kids.


the paint color is a light gray by benjamin moore called stonington gray (i love it)

i cant believe he will be here so, so soon. we are still working on the girls rooms (they are so close) i will share the finished rooms soon!

29 comments:

Janaan said...

So fabulous! Thanks for sharing. I have a baby boy coming any day now too and I feel so unprepared looking at your nursery. C'est la vie. Hopefully I will be able to finish it soon.

Leah said...

Get out. It's PERFECT!!!

me said...

Looks AWESOME! Amy, WHO do you use to reupholster? I NEED someone ASAP - can you , please, let me know? my email - justinandolya1@gmail.com

Your baby boy will LOVE living in your house :)

Deborah said...

I am such a fan of your interior design. I too have a craftsman home and love seeing all the ideas you have. Congrats on your soon to be son, they are a bundle of fun!

sarah marie. said...

oh amy it is so perfect. honestly the cutest i've ever seen. that picture of grandpa makes the room.

Allison and Mason: said...

Amy it's BEAUTIFUL!! You and him are going to have so many special moments in there. I'm so happy for you and can't wait to see pictures of him!

becky said...

it's the bomb! I love every detail you put in to that room, so much love!

Mary said...

EVERYTHING is perfect...and you are done! I love it!

Suzanne said...

Wow! Drop dead A-mazing Amy! Wonderful job. Your little Louis is going to love it.

abby said...

ah! i love the nursery and i love the name! the grandpa picture is the best.

Suzanne said...

PS. Sorry I meant to write Louie and wrote Louis instead.

Heather "Rita" said...

The room is just so perfect...It really does have a magical feel in there...I came home and told Jim all about it...

Love every single detail! It is beautiful!

trudy...{and jamo} said...

I am in LOVE!

Melany said...

if you have a spare minute...would you mind telling me who you used for the reupholstery? i have a loveseat that desperately needs it! my email is melany.larsen@gmail.com.

i realize you're having a baby soon, so only if you have a free moment if that's ok! :)

Smellyann said...

OMG it's gorgeous. I love it. Great work!

Magdalena said...

Incredible and so, so easy on the eyes at the same time. Just perfect.

andrea said...

Wow Amy...I love it! Can't wait to see your girls rooms!!! Love Your little guys name too!

Elyse said...

Looks amazing!! Nice work =)

Stephanie said...

Soooo amazingly wonderful. This needs to go on oohdeedoh.

The Hansens said...

Its so perfect Amy! What a lucky guy Lewis is to have such an amazing mommy;)

Auntie Ann said...

IT is seriously the cutest nursery EVER. I love everything about it...you've done it again sissy!

Jessica Kettle said...

really, this is the cutest nursery! it's so fun to see something fresh and different for a boy. when max was born i remember being so frustrated with the lack of boy options! and honestly, i'm in LOVE with his name!! it's a good thing i already have a lucy so i can't steal it for my next boy. ;)

erinvega said...

this is awesome!! i have been loving the greys and oranges lately. i love how you incoorperated the stripes and bit of green and blue. the whole thing is genious and i agree with the other commenter that it needs to go on oohdeeoh!
can i ask what color orange that is on the changing table? it's perfect for what i have in mind for my son's room.
good luck for wednesday! how exciting! boys are so awesome...he will completely steal your heart in a different way than the girls did :)

.caroline armelle. said...

so, so adorable!

i can't believe your mom got that bedding made so fast! it all looks amazing! but, no surprise there, everything you decorate turns out perfect!

Kim said...

LOVE this room! The picture is so sweet and such a great sentiment. Do you mind sharing where you got the peace sign pillow and the black/white/green shoes? Thank you! Great job!

kimsueellen said...

Pure divinity. I know you have your hands full, but I have been looking for a GOOD re upholsterer here locally and would love the name of the place who did your chair, it looks SO good. If you could let me know when you get some time that would be wonderful. Thanks Amy and congrats on that beautiful baby!

{jane} said...

DYING over this room - congrats on the ohdeedoh feature, so fun!

Jennifer said...

So beautiful! Where did you get a frame for the poster print of your grandpa?
~Jennifer

jtandthesea

Dinesh gir said...

Visit for any Online Jobs from Home
OnlineJobs